General Awareness Quiz 2012
1) The UN General Assembly started observing the world Environment Day in 1972 to
i) raise public awareness the need of better environment.
ii) to mark the opening of the stockhlom conference on the human environment.
Choose the right option
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) only i is correct
c) only ii is correct
d) neither i nor ii is correct
2) Scientists at the Tomato Genome Consortium(TGC) successfully sequenced the genomes of which of the following vegetables?
3) one of the Asia pacific nations agreed to hold its first ever maritime exercises with India.The nation is
4) A report titled "Living Planet Report 2012" was released on May 15 by which of the following international body
5) Mynammer opposition leaderAung San Suu Kyi was after a long wait allowed to visit any nation.First of all she visited
6) The Tibetan spritual leader, the dalai Lama received the Templeton Prize on May 14 for his role in promoting links between sprituality and science. The prize money of the award is:
a) 1.7 million dollar
b) 2.2 million dollar
c) 2.7 million dollar
d) 2.2 million dollar
7) Muktinath Temple, a pilgrimage destination for Hindus is situated at which of the following nation?
c) Trinidad & Tobago
8) Which of the following country on May 9 has passed a law to encourage a multiparty political system in the country?
9) Pakistan Successfully test-fired hatf III Missile on May 10.Another name of the missile is
10) Which of the following statement regarding Vladimir putin is incorrect
a) He is the leader of the United Russia party
b) He took the oath as the President of Russia on 7 May 2012.
c) He has served as the president of Russia fortwo consecutive terms 2000 to 2008.
d) he is known as the father of modern Russia.
11) Francois Holland is elected as the Persident of the following nations:
12) Which of the following group of nations has decided to hold consultations on south Asia and the Asia-Pacific region later this year?
a) U.S, Russia and china
b) U.S, Russia and India
c) U.S, India and china
d) U.S, Japan and china
13) The Teesta treaty has become a bone of contention between India and -------- ?
14) Kumbum is a monastery found in which of the country?
15) India said the report baised title "one Planet" on Asia Pacific region.The report was released by which of the following UN body?